Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director/Senior Director, Global Program Management in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Director working in the GI Therapeutic Area Unit, you will be empowered to lead a team of global program managers and lead global program teams, and a typical day will include:
The Head, Global Program Management leads the Therapeutic Area Unit (TAU) Global Program Management Team and oversees program management of the TAU development pipeline in the following manner:
- Ensures optimal performance of TAU development programs to achieve strategic objectives and goals
- Leads, manages, and mentors TAU-specific Global Program Managers (GPMs)
- Leads and manages TAU development pipeline forums
- May also have additional program-specific responsibilities depending on work allocation and needs across the TAU
Program Operational Excellence
- Oversees the GPT goal process and provides input into R&D KPIs.
- Manages operational review forums incorporating appropriate stakeholders to ensure progress and delivery of TAU development programs.
- Ensures that TAU development pipeline performance is accurately represented to senior R&D leadership on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Reviews Program risks within TAU for common themes to identify potential risks that may apply across a TA and/or disease state; collaborates with GPMs to address.
- Actively manages and mentors TAU GPMs to ensure high competency and performance
Input into TAU Budget Management
- Partners with PL and TAU Finance Lead to manage the consolidated, TAU pipeline budget, working with the budgets managed by GPMs for the associated GPT budgets.
Fosters Transparent Communication and Relationship-building Among
- Links with Senior TA-level peers across divisions and functions (e.g., GPM Heads from other TAUs, Research, Global Commercial, Global Development Operations, Manufacturing, etc) to ensure alignment of TA plans, communications and specific deliverables.
- Communicates TAU objectives, goals and progress towards those goals and objectives.
Cultivates Environment that Supports the GPTs
- Direct line management of the TAU Global Program Management team.
- Partners across TAUs and with Center of Operational Performance (CoOP) to ensure consistent project management methodology is applied.
- Partner as needed with the CoOP and other stakeholders to define business and user requirements for program management systems and tools.
- Utilizes and interprets analytic tools to manage and monitor the progress of key TAU metrics and KPIs.
- Coordinates with the Business Operations function to manage all TAU pipeline projects and provide support to GPT.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree science or business-related field required
- Advanced science or business degree preferred
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and deep drug development expertise.
- Experience in leading global cross-functional teams spanning R&D life cycle from early phase (e.g. FIH) through lifecycle management (e.g., thru Patent Exclusivity expiration).
- Minimum 12 years of pharmaceutical industry and experience in Clinical Operations, Clinical Research, Regulatory, CMC, Marketing or other drug development related function.
- Minimum 10 years experience as a project manager leading complex pharmaceutical project deliverables in a multi-disciplinary, global environment.
- Minimum 6 years of managing teams in a matrix team environment.
- Minimum 2 years people management experience including managing mid- to senior level employees.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated strategic problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate with and prepare presentations for Senior Management and Executives.
- Solid business background and excellent commercial understanding is essential. Experience should include working directly with Commercial colleagues to ensure that R&D objectives are aligned with Commercial Strategic imperatives.
- Therapeutic area expertise is desirable.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills to manage, motivate and drive decisions within cross-cultural, global teams that are not co-located.
- Highly effective presentation skills in order create and deliver presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations.
- Proven skills in negotiation, influencing without authority, managing through ambiguity, and working diplomatically through conflict.
- Sufficient knowledge of all MS Office tools to effectively capture and communicate project information.
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired.
- May work at a computer for several hours at a time.
- May travel domestically and internationally.
- Approximately 10% travel is required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.