US-NJ, Senior Manager - US-International Tax & Transfer Pricing Job 427093500A3-MZ
|Requisition ID 49713BR|
Title Senior Manager - US/International Tax & Transfer Pricing
Job Category Finance
Job Description Purpose
To effectively manage U.S. Federal, U.S. state and foreign tax compliance responsibilities, tax accounting and reporting requirements, and Transfer Pricing processes for Novo Nordisk Inc. (“NNI”) and the North American affiliates of Novo Nordisk. In support of Corporate Tax Mission to provide Novo Nordisk with a competitive corporate tax level in a responsible way, the position will assist Senior and Associate Directors, Tax and Treasury in the fulfillment of local, regional and global responsibilities.
Position reports to Senior Director of Tax and Treasury with indirect reporting responsibilities to Associate Director, Tax. A staff resource may report into this position. As part of NNI Finance, continual interaction with Finance and line of business “LOB” personnel at NNI, Finance teams at U.S. and Canadian affiliates, GSC India and Corporate Tax. Position may interact and consult with tax advisors and outside professionals as necessary.
Tax Transfer Pricing
* Cultivate a thorough understanding of key business functions, locally, regionally and globally in perspective of accepted and evolving guidance from NN global tax guidelines, U.S. Treasury, foreign countries, organizations such as Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development and professional firms.
* Support APA negotiations and renewals with prompt analysis and data.
* Support annual achievement of Return on Sales (“ROS”) targets as required by “arms- length” standards or Advance Pricing Agreements (“APAs”) in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
* As part of NNI tax team, ensue proper “arms-length” relationships are maintained, reflected in intercompany agreements and consistently operationalized with proper invoicing (including NACDC and launch cost charge-backs), reimbursements and accounting (including prior year true-ups). Ensure local process guidelines are maintained.
* As part of NNI tax team, manage internal and external transfer pricing reporting in a timely and accurate manner including completion of forecasted and actual therapy operating P&L statements, as required.
* Ensure proper accounting for product transactions in SAP and preparation of monthly inter- company account reconciliations for all related accounts.
External Tax Compliance and Audit
* In charge of all aspects of U.S. Federal, U.S. state and foreign tax compliance in a timely and accurate manner.
* Ownership of U.S. Federal, U.S. state and foreign estimated tax payment and extension processes with a focus on payment minimization. This includes maintenance of the tax calendar and ensuring that all “e-file” requirements are met.
* Accountable for completion and submission of all U.S. Federal, U.S. state and foreign information returns including Forms 1120F, 5472 and 1042, as required for all Novo Nordisk entities with U.S. activities. This includes ensuring that all applicable withholdings on payments made to non-U.S. vendors are made and remitted on a timely basis.
* Lead U.S. Internal Revenue Service and U.S. state audit processes; ensuring all requests are met in a timely manner while identifying and minimizing relevant risks.
* Manage prompt completion of internal tax risk reporting on a biannual basis.
* Make certain all questionnaires, notices and audits related to U.S. Federal, U.S. state and foreign tax returns are addressed in a prompt manner.
* Manage all aspects of annual effective tax rate analysis for NNI and U.S. affiliates, including maintenance of Balanced Scorecard reporting.
* Make sure that tax accounting methods for all U.S. companies are in compliance with Internal Revenue Service rules and regulations.
* Manage all aspects of NNI annual and interim tax provision reporting and forecasts, including calculation of the current and deferred tax accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
* In charge of submission of tax pages of annual and forecasted Audit Questionnaires. Address all inquiries and provide required support to internal and external auditors. Provide oversight and to extent required, assistance to U.S. affiliates to ensure proper reporting.
* Ensure annual recording of return to accrual entries for NNI and all U.S. affiliates.
Planning, Processes and Policies
* Develop a thorough understanding of Novo Nordisk local, regional and global operations and functions in performance of position.
* Actively liaison with other members of local, regional and global teams to ensure alignment on
* U.S. tax position and priorities.
* Contributes to the internal or external completion of tax planning initiatives that minimize U.S. Federal, U.S. State, local and foreign tax liabilities and minimize cash tax outlays.
* Review, improve and maintain or build processes and policies to ensure “best in class” internal and external tax and financial compliance.
* Serve as daily contact for internal NNI stakeholders with regard to tax analysis, recommendations, transfer pricing and presentations including performance of related research.
* Responsible for ad hoc projects as required by local, regional or global stakeholders.
* 10-20% overnight travel required
* A Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or Finance. CPA is required. Advanced degree preferred.
* Requires a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience, with at least 3 years of “Big Four” public accounting experience with a majority of experience in corporate taxation or at least 6 years of relevant experience at public accounting or private industry (or combination).
* Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
* Ability to understand processes and identify opportunities for improvement and drive to develop and implement improved processes and programs.
* Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills. The ability to work as project leader or independently on complex financial, tax and treasury issues with knowledge of applicable rules and requirements.
* In-depth knowledge of Corptax tax compliance software and internet based tax research products.
* Capacity to manage projects and deadlines with minimal supervision.
* Develops and maintain strong internal relationships. Ability to exert influence on the overall objectives and goals of the department with or without “line authority”.
* Proficiency in MS Office products and working knowledge of databases and spreadsheets for use in tax applications. Knowledge of SAP is desirable.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
Department FIN - TAX
Position Location US - Plainsboro, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com