|Sunrise Systems Inc|
US-CA, Senior Associate Scientist (immuno-oncology) 18-00311-MZ
Job title: Senior Associate Scientist (immuno-oncology)
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 6 months to begin with
• Senior Associate Scientist with experience in immunology and immuno-oncology-based assays to participate in drug discovery research with a particular focus on protein homeostasis as it applies to the Immuno-Oncology field.
• Emphasis will be in primary human immune cell biology assay development in the context of tumour microenvironment.
• The candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to design and execute in vitro studies to further our understanding of the immunomodulatory effects of our Client compounds.
• Responsibilities will also include development of primary cell and cell-line based co-culture assays to support target validation, mechanism of action, and biomarker selection. Experience with developing high-throughput screening assays a plus.
• The responsibilities further include routine profiling of Client compounds in cell-based assays across several research programs.
Responsibilities (will include, but are not limited to):
• Plan and execute scientific experiments
• Analyze and interpret scientific data
• Isolation of human primary cell populations
• Maintain primary and cancer cell lines and conduct routine cell culture tasks
• Conduct various routine cell based assays to characterize drug compounds
• Accurately maintain written reports and organize data
• Present data in team meetings
• Review current literature pertaining to relevant projects
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 8 years’ industry experience or Master’s degree with at least 5 years’ industry experience.
• Practical experience in, and a solid understanding of basic cell biology, immunology/immune-oncology, and assay development.
• Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and cell lines) using single cells and co-culture cell models. Experience using single compound treatment and combination treatment studies is essential.
• Expertise with a variety of cell-based assay technologies including antibody-based detection methods (e.g. Western, ELISA, immunoprecipitation), cell imaging (immunofluorescence, Incucyte, Cellomics), cell phenotyping technologies (e.g., flow cytometry) and functional assays such as cell cycle and apoptosis
• Experience with molecular biology techniques such as RNAi and/or CRISPR, RT-PCR, and lenti-viral work is a plus.
• Experience with the use automation instruments is a plus.
• Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and organizational skills are required as well as the ability to independently design, execute, and trouble-shoot experiments through completion.
• Data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications are required.
• The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, be motivated to apply his/her skills to meet diverse project needs, and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment.
Sourabh Agrawal | Lead - Talent Acquisition
Sunrise Systems Inc.
Transforming Business. Enhancing Careers
105 Fieldcrest Ave Suite# 504, Edison, NJ 08837 USA
Direct: (732) 272 0301| Email: [click here] | URL: www.sunrisesys.com
Visit Our Website