|State ||Illinois [IL]|
|Title ||Medical Science Liaison Manager|
|Job ID ||70161|
|Overview |There's one thing you do that's exceptional: Lead.
You formulate a plan and empower your team to provide clinical expertise to health care providers helping them to improve patient outcomes. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate MSLs and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for an MSL Manager role with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Syneos Health has launched more than 25 Medical Affair teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
You will be responsible for providing the functional management and leadership of approximately 11 MSLs. You will work with the Flu MSL Associate Director in support of team goals, objectives, tactics, and monitoring of progress of the MSLs in their respective regional area.
In coordination and collaboration with the MSL Associate Director, you will:
- Provide input on MSL strategic goals and tactical plans that support successful launch execution and field medical activities in the flu disease area
- Effectively communicate with field cross-functional managers in compliance with regulatory/legal guidance to engage the MSL function where appropriate.
- Assist MSL direct reports to implement and successfully execute objectives that align with clinical tactics.
- Monitor progress to goal attainment set by company, monitor qualitative and quantitative metrics achievement and impact including launch metrics, provide direction and feedback, and evaluate progress of the MSL team.
- Manage and administer all aspects of the people processes related to the employee life cycle including training of new employees and on company and departmental policies, systems and processes.
- Coach and develop individuals on the team by providing an environment that encourages ongoing personal and professional development.
- Set goals and asses proficiency for training and development opportunities while providing regularly scheduled feedback monthly.
- Provide monthly reports on progress of the team and their individual activities to the MSL Associate Director.
- Identify and effectively communicate new opportunities/threats that have an impact on the product clinical development plan
- Collaborate with Commercial field leadership and personnel to set appropriate expectations for team that align to meet customer needs.
- Actively contribute in territory launch planning activities and providing insights
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- Strong science/clinical background with advanced degree (MSN, M.D.,Pharm.D. Ph.D.) preferred
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Prior management experience or significant coaching of peers is preferred.
- Experience as a clinician and/or in clinical research required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably as a field medical liaison, with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills along with competence delivering effective group presentations.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Clear understanding of the clinical and regulatory requirements in the operations of a field based medical liaison team.
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation, bonuses and car allowance
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Position Type/Category ||Clinical Field Management (MSL, CDE, CNE)|
|Recruiting Area ||Clinical|
|Travel ||More than 50%|
|Minimum Education Level ||Masters Degree|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|
|Employment Type ||Syneos Health position|