- Enhance Takeda s performance standards of the elements of the Global Medical Strategy Teams (GMSTs) to deliver greater value from Global Medical Affairs functions from involvement in Product Development through Brand Lifecycle Management across all Therapeutic Areas (TAs) and all Regions. Also, SD will direct and lead the team that co-leads the GMSTs together with the Global Medical Heads (GMHs) and acts as a strategic lead between Global Medical Affairs (GMA) and related strategic partners across Takeda Develops, leads and directs the GSDs who co-lead the GMSTs, which are the governance committee teams for GMA and act as a strategic lead between GMA and related strategic partners across Takeda.
- Develops and leads team that coordinates across all Medical Affairs, R&D, and commercial functions to develop and maintain the strategic plan, publication strategy plan, research strategy plan (e.g. Phase 4, LCM) and communication (medical education, publications, global congresses)
- Develops and Leads the planning, implementation and evaluation of the strategy and activities of Continuing Medical Education, Grant management, Advisory Boards, Meet the Expert Sessions, Takeda Sponsored Global Symposia and other applicable forums
- Collaborates with several functions across Takeda including but not limited to medical affairs, R&D and commercial globally and regionally to ensure that alignment and sharing of best practices are built and continued across all groups, including but not limited to legal, compliance, finance
- Fosters relationships with key internal business partners (including but not limited to global, regional and local medical affairs, R&D, commercial, marketing, legal, compliance, finance, IT) to create awareness of company issues that may potentially affect the group. Prioritizes major or emergent issues within the daily operations of the department and aids management in the development of actions plans
- Leads the strategic approach for, and development of, medical content related to Takeda s priority and associated global brands (as defined by PVPS)
- Defines and leads the process for creating an annual Takeda Global Medical Congress list. Defines support that will be provided and content to be created for these events
- Leads, develops and implements medical input into the review and approval of global promotional across for global priority products and associated brands (as defined by PVPS) in collaboration with commercial/marketing groups, regions and LOCs Provide oversight for the process, ensure compliance and that teams are trained appropriately
- Defines, owns and leads the process for review and approval of medical materials (proactive and reactive) for external use, in collaboration with key internal stakeholders and in alignment with external standards and regulations
- Ensures awareness of and compliance with all legal, regulatory and company requirements - Evaluates adherence to policies/procedures and institutes corrective action when needed Develops and empowers a high-performing team that proactively seeks learning opportunities to promote professional growth while meeting business needs Continually seeks and matches business initiatives/stretch assignments to individual development plans. Provide vision, direction and serve as mentor to the team
- Provides ongoing awareness of current trends within the industry Establishes best practices within the Global Medical Affairs team and shares knowledge with and assists global affiliates and external vendors, as necessary
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distill complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Executive leadership presence and confidence
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Ability to develop and drive a Global Workforce and Talent strategy for colleagues in the Global, Regional and Local organizations
- Bachelor s degree required, Pharmacist, PharmD, PhD or MD preferred 10+ years combined experience in pharmaceutical industry, and academic research, or healthcare management. Focused Therapeutic area expertise is strongly desired.
- Understands and delivers critical capabilities of a modern global specialty medicine medical affairs organization: clinical research, evidence generation, value demonstration, medical communication, medical information, publication activities, congress presentations, interaction with Medical Science Liaison networks, compliance, and public speaking.
- Additionally, a solid familiarity with the entire commercialization process and the marketplace dynamics that impact organizational decisions and deliverable
- Senior management experience in Global Medical Affairs or related field, leading a medium to large organization and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverable
- Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with significant direct exposure to clinical development
- Track record of successful leadership, management, and development of large, multi-disciplinary globally dispersed teams Strong judge of talent with the ability to make tough talent decisions
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.