Takeda is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmic.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
The IG Packaging department has responsibilities for the inspection of both empty vials (in preparation of filling) and product filled vials as well as the entire packaging line. As the department is responsible for the final inspection of the vials and final packaging prior to delivery to patients, attention to detail and compliance to procedures is critical to ensure product supply for our patients.
The Packaging department will consist of 1-2 shifts of 12-24 manufacturing technicians that will have responsibilities in both the inspection and packaging unit operations. In the Shift Lead Manufacturing Technician Role, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the team during the shift including understanding daily production schedule, assigning team members to tasks to accomplish production schedule, ensure pass down to next shift is completed (as applicable), communicate / escalate issues to manager, and other tasks to ensure the success of the shift.
- Lead the Tier 1 (shift change) meeting to assist the manager in collecting relevant process data, communicating schedule, organizing shift (responsibilities, breaks, etc.), directing team members, and communication of changes / issues.
- Throughout the shift, monitor the execution of production tasks to ensure all EHS guidelines and policies are followed, procedures (job aids/SOPs) are being compliantly adhered to, the production schedule is met and delays are minimized. Escalate to manager as needed.
- As required and with the support of manager and/or production engineer, be the manufacturing liaison with EHS, engineering, validation, and maintenance to ensure proper communication, equipment turnover, support, and equipment return to service activities are completed and documented to meet the production and maintenance schedule.
- Become fully trained as an SME in all manufacturing operations to provide hands-on execution to support the team as well as first line of troubleshooting as issues arise.
- Independently operate automation systems (EBM, DeltaV, PLC) at supervisor level, including creating EBM WOs, having understanding to amend or force tags or syncs, complete manufacturing review of alerts, fully understand equipment dashboard.
- Lead the training of new employees to ensure they are able to quickly contribute to the team in a safe, compliant manner. This requires SJT training, mentoring of employees, and monitoring of their training status. Provide feedback on new employee training to manager. Ensure all self-training requirements are met.
- Create a continuous improvement mindset on the shop floor. Constantly work with the team members to develop and communicate process improvement ideas. Lead / support the implementation of process improvement ideas (5S, materials, job aids, tools, etc.) to support the team.
- Be proactive (work orders, equipment preparation, materials, communication, etc.) to ensure the team does not encounter avoidable roadblocks during the shift.
- Create new or update existing job aids based on process improvements or corrective actions to events. Lead document update through manufacturing management and quality assurance approval and submittal to the document control system.
- Represent the dept. in cross functional teams as necessary.
- Perform technician duties as needed to complete daily tasks.
- Assist manager in developing and mentoring junior technicians.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing and in-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing techniques/specialties.
- Thorough knowledge aseptic manufacturing processes and equipment including but not limited to: COP washers, autoclaves, process tanks, CIP/SIP systems, isolators, and vial filling lines.
- Must be able to apply quantitative analysis to analyze process performance.
- Incumbent must be proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions and have good verbal/written communication skills. Good procedural writing skills.
- Knowledge of chemical and biological safety procedures.
- Good computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills and be able to lead a work team effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- This position requires shift, weekend and holiday work. Overtime may be required at times.
- The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
- May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area.
- Must have 20/20 corrected vision. This position requires the ability to pass eye exam including depth perception and color blindness testing. Hiring is dependent on the ability to pass visual exam and visual inspection qualification.
Experience in a regulated production environment is desirable:
- Bachelor s Degree in science / engineering with 1+ years of experience
- AA or equivalent with 6+ years of experience
- High School Diploma with 8+ years of experience
- Must have working knowledge of scientific principles
- Scientific or technical degree preferred.
Physical Demands/ Work Conditions:
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the work environment.
- May be working in a loud area that requires hearing protection and other protective equipment to be worn.
- Will work around chemicals such as alcohol that may require respiratory protection.
- May be required to work or be assigned to a different shift as needed.
- Must be able to work weekends or overtime as required.
- Inside working conditions
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.