Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join the R&D Patient Engagement Office, as a Patient Engagement Lead in Cambridge, MA to work with a passionate, creative and collaborative team and one where diversity of perspectives and backgrounds is valued. Our focus is on bringing the patient voice into R&D as we move from developing medicines for patients to developing medicines with patients.
- Support the Head of R&D Patient Engagement (PE) in refining and implementing the R&D PE Office Strategy and positioning Takeda as an industry leader in patient engagement externally.
- Partner with Therapy Area Units (TAUs) and Drug Discovery Unit (DDU) leaderships, and with Global Product Teams (GPTs) to develop PE strategy and plans to support disease and asset, prioritization, discovery and development needs.
- Advise on, oversee, and coordinate delivery of PE activities in conjunction with established external PE partners.
- Manage Takeda s PE portfolio of activities within the assigned therapy area facilitating connectivity, synergy and alignment of R&D patient-centric activities with other non- R&D patient related activities (e.g., patient advocacy, etc.).
- Build trusted relations with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, proactively identifying emerging opportunities, risks and challenges as well as potential new PE activities that are aligned with Takeda values and priorities.
- Partner with the R&D CoE in Scientific Leadership and Innovation and R&D Communications to develop and launch initiatives aimed at increasing awareness of and educating R&D and broader organization on the importance of PE as core asset for R&D strategy, in alignment with Takeda values and corporate philosophy.
- Assist in developing and delivering communication and other materials to keep the R&D organization informed of the progress of the PE Office, emerging trends and opportunities, globally.
- Provide strategic oversight, management, and coordination for all R&D PE activities within the assigned therapy area
- Partner with TAUs, DDUs and other relevant R&D functions to identify, establish and manage existing and new PE activities to support disease and asset strategy.
- Advise GPTs and functional teams in developing, planning and implementing effective PE strategy and plans to support programs throughout the R&D life cycle.
- Manage contract agreements and project commitments relevant to the assigned therapy areas with external stakeholders (e.g., patient organizations, patient opinion leaders, etc.) and in coordination with TAUs/DDUs/GPTs
- Lead the refinement and/or development and ongoing implementation of internal processes to facilitate and enhance R&D PE activities, in partnership with the Associate Director, R&D PE, R&D Legal and Compliance.
- Process procurement/PO requests and track vendor invoices.
- Support the development of tools to build new internal PE capabilities and expertise within R&D.
- Manage PE portfolio of activities for the assigned therapy area to ensure achievement of
- project objectives and deliverables in a timely manner.
- Support the Head of R&D PE in other relevant assignments, strategy planning and budget management as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors required with master s degree preferred. Science education and/or training a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in biopharmaceutical industry (preferably in R&D), government, trade association or non-profit sector with increasing senior-level responsibilities, including significant experience presenting to and advising senior executives.
- Previous experience interacting with patients and patient organization highly preferred but not required.
- Excellent project management with experience working within a complex global organization, with demonstrated ability to work across different functions, including influencing areas where the incumbent may not have direct authority
- Deep knowledge and understanding of drug discovery/development and demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships and manage large global change agendas
- Excellent communicator, with strong written and oral communication skills to interact across Takeda at all levels of the organization
- Strong proven ability to lead and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously with strong team building and collaboration skills
- Self-driven with a clear track record of timely delivery of high-quality results, with a drive toward continuous improvement and high levels of agility, accountability, curiosity, integrity
- Ability to influence and work effectively with various business partnerships, regions, and cultures
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Requires approximately 10-15 % travel, including overnight and international travel to other Takeda sites, strategic partners, and therapeutic area required travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.