Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Global Investigator, Global Ethics and Compliance in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Global Investigator working on the Global Ethics and Compliance team, you will be empowered to assess allegations of misconduct and assign, conduct and document investigations of alleged violations of laws and regulations, Takeda s Global Code of Conduct, policies or SOPs, primarily across the North and South American countries. A typical day will include:
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the organization needs by ensuring
- Ethical behavior plays a fundamental role in risk mitigation
- Being a forward-thinking leader in risk identification and mitigation
- Building a modern function supporting achievement of Takeda s Vision 2025
E&C will respond rapidly to changing environment and business needs, it is close to the market, and encourages ethical behaviour in line with Takeda s values. By working in an agile manner E&C ensures the balance between stable structures, governance, processes and systems, and dynamic approaches to delivering innovative solutions to appropriately manage our risks.
E&C commits to
- Act as role model for Takeda's values, ethics and values-based decision making, fostering this mindset in clients, partners and team
- Enable the organization to take decisions which are ethical and in line with our priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business
- Collaborate across all E&C teams and partner with stakeholders in BU / BF to embed ethics and compliance as part of the way everyone works at Takeda
- Plan and run global impact investigations for a multi-national, US listed pharmaceutical company, including analysis of custodian records, witness interviews, investigation documentation, and coordination with Takeda business and legal functions.
- Assess and manage the concerns reported (including through the Takeda Ethics Line) and determine if an investigation is warranted. For the so called global impact matters , develop and execute an investigation plan and supervise the work of internal/external resources involved in an investigation
- Based in Boston, be the first point of contact for the relevant Business Units/Business Functions present in the region (e.g., Research & Development, Vaccines Business Unit, Oncology Business Unit and others) on matters of concerns raised and investigated
- Where relevant, oversee the execution of local investigations to ensure they are performed according to internationally recognized standards
- Candidate must have a good understanding of US pharmaceutical law, including fraud and abuse, anti-kickback and FCPA matters.
- Work closely with Human Resources, Ethics & Compliance and Legal departments on matters of investigations and disciplinary actions
- Scale up and maintain investigation capability internally including the balanced use of internal and external resources and expertise. Manage vendors supporting investigative activities.
- Help build local investigative capability to ensure consistency and quality of investigations across the organization. Identify, train and provide guidance to Compliance Officers or other employees capable of conducting local impact investigations
- Define and manage integrated root-cause analysis for investigations and work closely with the Compliance Risk Assessment and Monitoring Lead for outcome reporting with BU/BF Presidents to enable effective risk and control management.
- Do regular assessments on the potential causes of misconduct and recommend areas to be reviewed to prevent/minimize that similar instances occur again. Work collaboratively with the relevant Business Units/Business Functions/Regional/Local Compliance Heads and other relevant functions to proactively identify potential risk areas (internal/external) and support the development of case studies and best practices that would raise the awareness of key ethics and compliance risks and mitigate them
- Support the global Head of Third Party Management and perform confidential due diligence for mergers and acquisitions across the Takeda geographic footprint on behalf of the relevant leadership teams
- Provide regular assurance reporting on the overall investigations to the Head of Assurance, the Head of Center of Excellence for Ethics & Compliance, the Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer and other key internal stakeholders
- Demonstrates ability to deliver results in a matrix organization
- Works cross-functionally and collaborates effectively with multiple business stakeholders including Human Resources, Finance, Group Internal Audit and IT
- Uses business acumen and insights to effectively manage investigations in the company matrix model including across multiple sets of stakeholders
- Communicates effectively with senior leaders, such as members of the Takeda Executive Team, the Global Ethics & Compliance Leadership Team
- Uses analytics to build and keep improving the assurance program including investigations, monitoring and risk assessment to ensure value added to the business
- Experience in managing M&A due diligence, including the use of external specialized companies
- Ability to interpret and contextualize rules, guidelines, policies, procedures and controls
- Sound and independent judgment in complex and sensitive cases
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple cases/projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 15+ years of managing sensitive and complex investigations internationally including cases of fraud, harassment and corruption
- Proven track-record in planning and executing corporate investigations for a multi-national company in North and South America
- Must have a good understanding of US pharmaceutical law, including fraud and abuse, anti-kickback and FCPA matters
- Manage teams of external investigators in fieldwork and forensics
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations and industry codes relevant to the healthcare industry in the region and the applicable extraterritorial regulations (e.g., FCPA, SOX, UKBA, FCA, Securities Act, HIPAA)
- Knowledge of the current compliance issues that the healthcare industry is facing in the region
- Experience in providing assistance with the development of remedial measures of risk areas/gaps identified during investigations
- Legal background is desired
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is desired
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.