Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Head of Enterprise Data Platforms and Products in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Head of Enterprise Data Platforms and Products working on the Chief Technology Office team, you will be empowered to shape and drive data alignment between the IT functions to build the next generation data & analytics platform as the future digital backbone. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by supporting and driving R&D, PDT, GMS/GQ, Commerce and Corporate developments. A typical day will include:
- Strategic positioning The Head Enterprise Data & Analytics is an industry, IT and analytics leader for Takeda. This leader will shape and drive data alignment between the IT functions to build the next generation data & analytics platform as the future digital backbone, to support and drive R&D, PDT, GMS/GQ, Commerce and Corporate developments. He or she will drive and champion the Data First transformation across the enterprise.
- Data analytics IT Strategy Develop the Takeda Data Strategy and analytics across functions for business stakeholders in alignment with Enterprise Architecture, Application Services, Integration and Divestitures to build and lead the design and delivery of data support and analytic solutions to realize high quality, timely data to derive insights and beyond.
- Data Platform Development and Excellence Works closely with Takeda IT Business Leaders across the strategic functions, to drive the optimization of Analytics Platforms by reducing technology departments, create efficiencies and to lead the development of innovative Analytic Platforms to meet evolving business needs.
- Service and support business stakeholders will shape the agenda, drive and lead the current design, delivery of support of the analytic Platform, products offered based on Enterprise data and will build a team capable of advising on data products, analytics, incremental improves and roadmaps to future data models and analytics and platform products.
- Integration with IT will collaborate with the Chief Technology Officer and other CTO heads to shape vision and direction by combining analytics, data insights and customer feedback.
- Aligns with business and technology stakeholders to lead the development of a vision and strategy for data, analytics, and current and future technologies to support and push business objectives
- Lead the development and defines the underlying technology platforms and products that enables the vision, strategy and drives further business improvements.
- Lead and manage the Takeda/Shire Integration to achieve a unified state and synergy targets regarding data, analytics and platforms on the short time.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to collaborate with business stakeholders on all levels within Takeda to streamline and improve current data and analytic products and platform support to realize high quality, timely data to derive insights and beyond
- Lead and monitor the definition, design, delivery and sport of Enterprise Data and Analytics Platform and Products offering to business partners to maximize usefulness and impact for the organization, including technologies within the areas of emerging technologies and digital.
- Ensure that build solutions enabling analytics across the enterprise meet agreed expectations and actively seek rationalization and modernization to reduce technology debts, create efficiencies as a base for future developments.
- Consistently identify and evaluate new capabilities on data, platform and products to meet evolving and future business needs.
- Champion the Data First transformation across the enterprise
- Manage the consolidated budget for data, analytic and platform operations and ensure resources are used in an optimal manner and within agreed expenditure budgets.
- Build and lead a team of highly skilled professionals that enables data and analytics as a competitive advantage for Takeda
- Create a culture of agility, performance and value in data, analytics, platform and delivery to drive excellence and to drive synergies between business functions and increase leverage of global analytics, data and platforms.
- Take responsibility for effective leadership, management and coaching and counselling of the own function and be responsible for training needs analysis, personal development of direct reports and performance management.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree required (Masters/MBA preferred)
- 15+ years of experience in data engineering, software development, and analytics roles
- 15+ years of leadership experience including leading large, globally dispersed teams
- Deep knowledge of the life sciences industry or equivalent
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.