Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Oncology R&D Alliance Management in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Director, Oncology R&D Alliance Management, you will be empowered to develop and maintain key relationships across a broad sphere of influence and contribute to Portfolio view of partnerships. A typical day will include:
This position is responsible for operationalizing and maximizing the success, value and efficiency of dynamic R&D alliances with highly innovative external partners
- Develop and maintain key relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally, to achieve dynamic understanding of partnership strategic intent.
- Contribute to Portfolio view of partnerships using transparency tools and collaboration skills
- Participate during the contract negotiation phase to ensure the contract is aligned with the strategic intent, a common understanding of deliverables, timelines, and go/no go criteria post deal closure; recommend fit for purpose governance and capture all potential relationship risks.
- Lead new partnership launches and manage the ongoing governance of existing alliances. Ensure that all joint committees have shared goals, expectations, operating principles, and performance metrics. Operationalize the governance of new partnerships including conflict resolution mechanisms, and expectations on communication practices.
- Monitor all alliance related activities and lead joint teams in resolving issues regarding effective communication, conflict, or role clarification. Pro-actively anticipate risks and opportunities and identify optimal solutions.
- Monitor contractual obligations and deliverables for both Takeda and its partner to ensure objectives are met. Lead process for revising contractual agreements as necessary.
- Lead impasse resolution between companies when necessary. Understand when escalation to leadership is necessary.
- Collaborate with and coach Alliance Management colleagues, scientists supporting partnerships, and governance team members, to continuously develop partnering best-practices. Participate in activities that embed partnering best-practices across the company.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BS/BA required; advanced degree (MBA, PharmD, PhD) preferred
- Professional certification in alliance management, project management, corporate training, or another relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum 8 years of applicable drug discovery/development experience, global experience preferred
- Minimum 4 years of cross-functional leadership experience
- Direct alliance management experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Proven experience in Alliance/Partnership excellence: experience of building, maintaining, and closing partnerships including tools/methods
- Strong knowledge of drug development process
- Relevant knowledge and experience in R&D to enable meaningful dialogue within Takeda and with partners
- Ability to effectively represent Takeda and partner s interests to maximize partnership value
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple high priority projects with good attention to detail
- Strong aptitude in understanding contractual agreement structure, terms and obligations and be able to translate the terms in a way that is understood by alliance team members
- Strong leadership skills within matrix organizations with demonstrated success in influencing across organizations, at all levels without direct authority. Ability to act independently while practicing the team concept
- Comfortable working with senior management, internally and externally. Able to constructively challenge and voice opinions on sensitive issues to senior management.
- Significant ability and experience in initiating, developing and implementing new strategies and processes
- Ability to assess issues/risks and effectively implement remediation measures
- Ability to identify strategic opportunities for at-risk partnership investments
- Excellent collaboration skills and mindset
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal presentations skills
- Ability to perform within an international pharmaceutical company shaped by multiple cultural perspectives, and collaborate effectively with diverse partner organizations
- This position requires up to 20% travel (domestic and/or international)
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.