As the Associate Director, Entyvio Marketing Analytics working on the GIBU team, you will be empowered to lead and build data and analytics resources for our Specialty Sales Organization that will enhance our ability to provide enhanced insights for our cross-functional partners. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by ensuring we have analytics and insights across multiple departments. A typical day will include:
- Leverage skills and knowledge in primary and secondary (sales, patient level claims, EMR) data and analytics to lead a team in building insightful, creative and continuously improving deliverables to the sales and managed markets teams and other key stakeholders across the Takeda Specialty Business Unit.
- Provide a consultative approach to working with stakeholders. Leads a cross-functional team to analyze data and synthesize insights. Partners with marketing, sales, managed markets and patient services stakeholders to validate business opportunity, develop strategy based on analytic insights and monitor and optimize sales and marketing tactics.
- Serve as a trusted resource within the Specialty Business Unit for analytics and insights across multiple departments sales, marketing, patient services and managed markets and gain greater exposure as the Specialty Business Unit grows. Is an advisor across the commercial organization for implementing effective reporting solutions to deliver clear, accurate actionable insights with a relentless focus on accuracy. Fosters strategic analytics to drive business decisions.
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching and evaluating Entyvio Sales and Marketing Analytics team who designs and implements studies in support of stakeholders in sales, marketing, managed markets, patient services and across TPC.
- Guide team to lead business reviews with the sales, managed markets and marketing leadership for Specialty portfolio to provide recommendations on effective tactics using KPIs and other lead sales performance indicators. The AD is also responsible for developing new capabilities to develop analysis and models that use best practices and industry knowledge.
- Lead, manage and continuously evolve the development of a holistic cross-functional point of view to address specified ad hoc cross-brand and/or cross-functional business questions that require the integration of output from marketing, sales, managed markets and patient services analytics, decision science, and primarily market research. Creates value by adding own and synthesizing groups insights into actionable reports with insights from the results, the why of the visual information.
- Represent relevant levels of IBD Business Insights leadership as appropriate on internal committees or external team (e.g. business partners) meetings and communications. Suggests content for agendas, prepares and delivers presentations to address information needs and provides strategic perspective to decisions at hand.
- Leverage understanding of data to provide strategic and innovative insights to senior and executive leadership as it relates to sales, marketing, managed markets and patient services.
- Manage the performance of detailed, comprehensive secondary market data analyses in the area of regional market landscapes for product portfolios with annual sales force effort expenditures worth hundreds millions of dollars or more. Represents IBD Insights in discussions with senior executives in sales force effort allocation submission to TPC. Recommends courses of action to support executive decision making in strategic business planning activities, such as introduction of CSOs, sizing changes, new marketing campaigns.
- Lead reporting projects that enhance the capabilities and effectiveness of the Marketing, Managed Markets, Patient Services and Sales Analytics department in business analytics and data driven insights. This involves identification and implementation of data sources, cluster analysis techniques and setting recommendations.
- Partner with analysts to ensure that appropriate analytical techniques are fully leveraged.
- Liaise and serve as lead representative in working with other TPUSA departments (e.g., IT, Data Governance, Managed Markets, Incentive Compensation, Sales Reporting, Forecasting, Investor Relations, Medical Affairs and others) to identify strategic analytics to propel the SBU, ensure data quality, compliance and improve the quality and speed to insights.
- Train team to ensure that all analytics and reporting has gone through the QC process to ensure accuracy and continuity from prior results and that results are communicated clearly prior to being presented to our customers.
- Evaluate, recommend and communicate appropriate models/techniques and industry knowledge to team members. Prioritize the work of direct reports to ensure that all required work is completed in a timely manner to support the Specialty Business Unit and broader TPC.
- Provide team members with timely, constructive feedback, and support. Motivates team to excel by leveraging personal strengths and coaching.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of technical training to new team members (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, SAS or R).
- Identify and proactively seek out opportunities to automate processes to reduce errors and to free up time for more creative work on existing deliverables.
- Create and deploy tools and resources to continuously improve our understanding of the market and to drive business goals.
- Actively hires, develops, and mentors talent creating a learning organization.
- Motivate teams to excel by leveraging personal strengths and coaching, helping to leverage areas of strength and improving in areas for development.
- Build and maintains a learning and continuous-development environment to ensure employee engagement and growth, while identify and rectifying poor performance.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, engineering, economics, math, etc. and 8+ years quantitative analytical or forecasting experience; or advanced degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, engineering, economics, math, etc., MBA with a focus on healthcare and data analysis preferred.
- 6+ years statistical analysis and/or quantitative experience and minimum 4+years pharmaceutical analytics/sales/managed markets experience and at least 3+ years of progressive people and project management experience.
- Complete understanding and application of quantitative principles, concepts, practices, and standards surrounding the use and manipulation of secondary market data sources.
- Knowledge of coding techniques in SAS, SQL and VBA, (Or Python, R, or similar), comfort with automation of reporting.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Qlikview or similar preferred, willingness to learn required.
- Experience with people management required and able to delegate effectively.
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence in a consultative role.
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, and preparing presentations for customer groups.
- Analytical ability to analyze relevant data sources and understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business.
- Management ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment, ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively and align with business goals. Able to empower others by delegating assignment and clarifying expectations.
- Customer Service Orientation - ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to drive impactful analytical projects.
- Teamwork - ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment. Ability to measure and deliver performance feedback as needed.
- Entrepreneurial - ability and desire to take ownership over activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent demonstration of out of the box thinking.
- Consultative and creative with a willingness to learn, teach and grow.
- Extensive knowledge of regional and global landscapes across therapeutic markets.
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practices.
- Periodic overnight travel may be required, travel not to exceed 10%.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.