More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. ranks among the top 15 pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Our larger U.S. offices are in Cambridge, MA, Deerfield, IL, and San Diego, CA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Business Operations, Neuroscience Therapeutic Area Unit in our Cambridge office.
- To provide strategic support to the Head of Neuroscience Portfolio Strategy and to the Neuroscience Cross-Functional Leadership Team
- To provide business operations support to ensure highly effective management of the Neuroscience Therapeutic Area portfolio
- To provide talent to the Neuroscience TAU that could eventually develop into an alliance management, program management, or portfolio strategy role
- Synthesizes and provides recommendations regarding critical decisions related to the Neuroscience TA strategy to the Head of Neuroscience Portfolio Strategy and to the Neuroscience Cross-Functional Leadership Team
- Responsible for managing the appropriate contracting of the Neuroscience TAU to advisors, consultants, and vendors by directing the efforts of executive assistants
- Responsible for management of the Neuroscience TAU Sharepoint site
- Responsible for management of Neuroscience TAU pre-competitive consortia and sponsorships in collaboration with Clinical Science and Global Program Management
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Experience in R&D, commercial, business and/or corporate development / consulting
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry with a focus on external innovation
- Understanding of Neuroscience therapeutic area, molecular biology, chemistry, or physiology
- Familiarity with pipeline assets of Takeda and another relevant pharma or biotech
- Proactive ability to predict issues and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to work in diverse teams
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distill complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Strong ability to provide clear, thoughtful recommendations:
- Ability to make clear recommendations to highly complex challenges
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure recommendations and decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Ability to communicate with impact in a global, culturally diverse environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills to lead & motivate teams, frame actions and decisions, and drive clarity among stakeholders
- Proven skills in negotiations, influencing throughout the matrix, leading through ambiguity, and working diplomatically through conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations for Senior Management and Executive level audiences
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions
- Embraces risk as opportunity and willingness to try new approaches
- Ability to rapidly synthesize information from multiple sources, communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of date, including financial figures to make strategic decisions
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Breadth of knowledge required across therapeutic areas, indications, and/or modalities
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Advanced scientific degree (MS, MD, or PhD, or PharmD)
- Demonstrated excellence at a national or global level
- Track record of successful leadership and management of diverse teams addressing complex initiatives
- The position is based in Cambridge, MA.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings including international travel is required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more attakedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.