The internship is a laboratory position that involves sample preparation and analysis in a pharmaceutical research lab. The intern will work closely with analytical/formulation scientists in the lab and learn techniques in characterizing small molecule drug candidates.
- Preparing reagents, buffers and HPLC mobile phases
- Become familiar with lab equipment such as HPLC, UV-Vis, LC-MS, DSC, TGA, XRPD and etc, and learn to run sample analysis with these instruments.
- Communicate with colleagues effectively
- Keep an accurate, comprehensible, concise notebook in accordance with company policy
- Become proficient with MS office applications and write report of experimental results
- Maintain a safe and organized lab bench
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Applicants should be highly motivated with a strong interest in formulation and analytical chemistry.
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Completion of at least one year of college education prior to the internship is preferable.
- Successful completion of General Chemistry is required.
- Applicant should demonstrate an excellent academic record in pursuit of a degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Manual dexterity required to operate standard laboratory and office equipment
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.