Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Staff Scientist, Drug Metabolism in our San Diego, California research facility.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Staff Scientist, Drug Metabolism working on the Drug Discovery, DMPK team, you will be empowered to support drug discovery and early development programs by providing relevant scientific and strategic input with respect to drug metabolism.
- A Staff Scientist in Drug Metabolism and pharmacokinetics will serve as a lab-based Drug Metabolism expert to small molecule project teams, provide input into research strategies, collaborate globally and across Takeda departments in advancing compounds to IND filing.
- The Staff Scientist, Drug Metabolism will support drug discovery and early development programs by providing relevant scientific and strategic input with respect to drug metabolism.
- Design, execute, and report key drug metabolism and drug-drug interaction studies to support compound progression from lead optimization to clinical candidate selection across several therapeutic areas.
- Offers knowledge, mentorship, and expertise, including advice to laboratory staff and DMPK representatives on any number of drug metabolism, induction and low clearance mechanisms, and additionally provides details of appropriate in vitro studies to further investigate the pathway.
- Collaborate with chemists to address structure-metabolism relationship and support optimization of DMPK properties during lead discovery.
- Design appropriate metabolism related studies to evaluate potential metabolism related drug liabilities.
- Support ADME related studies.
- Work closely with department colleagues to coordinate work for project teams.
- Keep an accurate notebook according to company policy
- Communicate with colleagues effectively
- Follow company safety procedures
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Natural Product Chemistry/Biochemistry or related coursework and 12+ years of relevant experience or
- MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Natural Product Chemistry/Biochemistry or related coursework and 10+ years of relevant experience
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Natural Product Chemistry/Biochemistry or related coursework and 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Thorough understanding of drug metabolism and ADME related assays is required. The ability to design and execute bespoke in vitro drug metabolism assays is a must, and particular knowledge and experience in conducting sandwich culture hepatocyte and induction studies is strongly desired
- Skilled in developing non-regulated and fit for purpose quantitative LC/MS methods is required
- Skilled and proficient at making detailed observations, analyzing data, and interpreting results so as to be able to suggest, design and pursue relevant experiments
- Experienced in reporting study results for internal decision making as well as to support regulatory applications. Strong skills within LC/MS data acquisition and interpretation of MS/MS fragmentation data is required
- Proficiency in LC/MS and Metabolite ID related processing software desired
- Experience in writing IND enabling reports is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to solve scientific problems creatively, effectively and independently
- Demonstrated ability to work within a matrix and team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- May travel to various domestic conferences or client sites, including overnight trips
- Some international travel may be required
- A minimum of 2 % travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.