Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist/Research Investigator, Process Chemistry in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist/Research Investigator working on the Process Chemistry team, you will be empowered to push the boundaries of synthetic chemistry and innovate in drug development, and a typical day will include:
- Designing and obtaining laboratory proof of concept for new, concise synthetic routes to challenging drug substance targets
- Developing safe, efficient and robust chemical processes for drug substance manufacture
- Partnering with our Pharmaceutical Sciences colleagues and our external supply chain to bring new experimental medicines to the clinic
- Working in a highly collaborative and empowering environment on stimulating scientific and technical problems
- Provides theoretical/conceptual input to the design, development and execution of research assignments for a specific project or projects within the functional area.
- Independently plans and executes most unit operation characterization and optimization experiments within expertise and develops an awareness of unit operations in other areas.
- Responsible for significant or sole technical leadership within project or complex study.
- Prepares technology transfer documentation and regulatory documents or coordinates with team members to ensure execution.
- Represents line functions on GCT teams as appropriate/necessary.
- Proactively identifies process or study issues/challenges and proposes potential resolutions.
- Understands project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders
- Provides technical leadership to project teams within area of expertise and commits resources to execute specific project tasks.
- Contributes significantly and independently to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data cross-functionally within CMC and/or project teams.
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Represents functional area on GCT project teams by communicating activities from designated functional area to project team
- Supports local and global initiatives which may include leading initiatives or work streams
- Serves as a technical resource for junior staff and leverages expertise in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer.
- Independently designs and executes experiments, and reports results
- Assists with development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary
- Builds and maintains relationships with key vendors and assists with technical aspects of vendor negotiations
- Proactively analyses manufacturing issues and coordinates potential resolution with the CMC team.
- Responsible for integrating scientific/technical efforts around cross-functional issues
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education Required to be Considered at the Scientist Level:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry or related pharmaceutical science and 8+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry or related pharmaceutical science; 6+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in chemistry or related pharmaceutical science; 0-2+ years relevant industry experience
Education and Experience Required to be Considered at the Research Investigator Level:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry or related pharmaceutical science; 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry or related pharmaceutical science; 2-3+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience working in lab setting
Knowledge and Skills:
- In depth knowledge of modern synthetic organic chemistry.
- Advanced proficiency in route scouting, reaction optimization, synthetic methodology development, and/or elucidation of mechanism.
- Proficiency with analytical tools (e.g. HPLC, GC, NMR, UV, IR, MS, etc.)
- Proficiency with utilizing typical literature searching techniques to solve organic chemistry problems
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems, and determine causes and possible solutions
- Teamwork -- Ability to work well in highly cross functional team environment and across global line functions.
- Communication Skills -Able to expresses one s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; adjusts communication style as appropriate for the audience; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support authorship of internal technical documents
- Organization Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and can successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Resource Management -Ability to manage one s time within individual, departmental, and corporate goals and timelines; management of internal and external resources (vendors)
- External Involvement Demonstrated involvement in professional community evidenced by presentation of scientific posters or lectures at professional conferences or events
- Technical - Subject matter expertise and knowledge of applicable lab equipment and operations
- May require approximately 5-10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.