Senior Manager Finance Operations
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager, Finance Operations in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Sr Manager Finance Operations working on the Accounting and Finance Operations Shared Services team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The purpose of this position is to lead, develop and provide oversight of the accounting and finance operations functions including: month end general ledger closing and account reconciliations, cash application and bank reconciliations, capital assets, employee fringe accounting, severance, compensation, managerial and statutory cost accounting, inventory reporting and analysis, IC reporting and reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and expense reporting. This position monitors Takeda s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and a proper control environment. This role is also responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining best practices and procedures related to accounting and financial processes.
- Responsible to ensure activities of the respective accounting and finance operations functions are performed of high quality, at high levels of customer service and in accordance with company-established business operating procedures, external regulations, financial reporting requirements, and vendor processing requirements.
- Focused on improving service levels, reducing costs, driving appropriate standardization, and reporting results timely and accurately
- Drive improvement utilizing financial metrics that lead to business process improvements and/or initiatives
- Overseeing month end close process (for respective areas) including all journal entries and account reconciliations
- Lead annual plan for all Finance Operations accounts and metrics.
- Supports the Finance & Accounting group by collaborating and coordinating on cross-department projects
- Establishes and reviews the company s policies and procedures related to the functions regularly to ensure compliance and that they support the goals and objectives of the Finance function and the company. Leads and initiates revisions, as needed, through appropriate channels
- Develop and train competent operations, accounting and other staff to improve accountability and expertise in all areas of leadership
- Motivate team to produce results within tightly established timeframes, while supporting multiple growth and operational initiatives
- Effectively communicate and resolve financial and operational issues to key stakeholders, internal management and Corporate.
- Provide leadership and support for all audit requests (internal and external)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- 8+ years experience
- Strong supervisory experience required
- Management ability to set priorities, develops workflow processes, and manages senior management
- People Development ability to assess strengths and weaknesses of staff members and provide suggestions for improvements
- Industry Knowledge comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the prescription drug distribution process in a large healthcare organization or prescription drug vendor
- Finance comprehensive understanding of the concepts of cash management, financial analysis methods, and tools to prepare forecasts and perform analyses.
- Accounting understanding of moderately complex accounting concepts, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Takeda Operations comprehensive understanding of Takeda s operating structure and methods including a thorough knowledge of the foreign-owned parent company
- Company Policies, Procedures and Process Flows understanding of how work is done and flow of business within Takeda
- Communication ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner
- Organization ability to maintain accurate and detailed records, files, etc.
- Computer Skills can proficiently use various types of hardware an software
- Problem Solving ability to identify problems associated with and application and provide specific solutions that resolve the problem
- Negotiation ability to explore positions and alternatives to reach outcomes that gain acceptance for all involved parties
- Analytical Skills ability to analyze a wide variety of data in order to make informed decisions
- Attention to Detail ability to thoroughly analyze and identify key data points which impact the establishment and maintenance of new and existing accounts
Ability to drive or fly to various meetings / clients sites - limited overnight. Some international travel may be required.
AT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.