Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Human Resources Business Partner in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Human Resources Business Partner working on the Human Resources & Administration Team, a typical day will include:
With guidance, partners with leadership to implement and oversee Human Resources strategy, policies and activities within assigned functional groups. Coaches, influences, and supports functional Vice President, director and manager level leadership in all HR related areas Primary functions include employee relations, compliance, talent acquisition, job description and analysis, organizational development, career path, performance management, compensation administration, change management, communications and training. This position will work closely with assigned management, other HR Business Partners, and Specialists in Human Resources (i.e. Compensation, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Management), in an effort to develop departmental goals, objectives and systems that correspond with the organizational strategy.
- Coach, support, and influences Functional Vice President, Directors, Managers and other assigned client groups in all HR-related areas.
- Serves as coach to directors and managers within assigned function(s) to enhance leadership and team dynamics.
- Assists direct manager in implementing Human Resources strategy across the aligned organization.
- Guide functional leadership in the development of department goals, objectives and systems that correspond with overall commercial and organizational strategy.
- Proactively identifies business needs and partners with HR and Leadership to design, develop and implement solutions that meet identified needs and add value to the commercial organization.
- Models and reinforces Takeda s culture by ensuring that HR practices are aligned with organization objectives. Recognizes when HR practices and business needs are not in sync and recommends appropriate course of action to align between functions.
- Participates in cross-functional HR teams to develop programs/processes to support overall effectiveness of Human Resources function.
- Provides counsel to management and employees on employee relations issues. Manages employee relations issues including employee complaints, harassment allegations, and work/performance issues and civil rights complaints while ensuring legal compliance and managing risks. Effectively investigates the issues, makes recommendations, and takes appropriate action. Partners with the Compensation Department to ensure that Takeda s compensation program meets pre-defined business needs. In partnership with Compensation and Functional Leadership, facilitates compensation processes including equity assessments; job description creation/updates/analysis; salary planning and administration within budgetary guidelines.
- Identify training needs for any areas supported, partnering with appropriate resources to assist in developing appropriate training materials and deliver training when required.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition department to ensure recruiting and hiring strategies are executed for functional group(s). Participate in interviews for developmental and leadership positions.
- Review and assess exit interviews for key reasons for separation, investigate concerns, and proactively work with management to address issues.
- Partners with internal departments such as Legal, Security, Compliance, and other departments to resolve employee issues as appropriate.
- Serves as mentor/advisor to Associate HR BP on occasion.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree
- 5 years Human Resources HR generalist or specialist experience
- Approximately 8 weeks of overnight travel per year
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/clients