Director, Commercial Planning
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as Director, Commercial Planning in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Director, Commercial Planning working on the Commercial Planning and Pricing team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
- The primary objective of this position is to facilitate the planning and program management of critical commercial activities, acting as a key business partner to the Franchise Head/Brand Lead. Major responsibilities include the planning and facilitation of monthly cross-functional business review meetings between Business Unit Brand Leads, Finance, Forecasting, Sales, Analytics, Contracts & Pricing, Medical and Managed Markets. This role also orchestrates the analyses and cross functional discussion and alignment which yields business inputs for each financial planning cycle (Mid-Year Commitment, Long Range Forecast, Mid-Range Plan and LBEs). This position will also plan, direct and coordinate ad-hoc commercial planning and performance activities as appropriate business needs are identified for the respective brand/franchise
- Chairs the monthly brand business review meeting for their particular brand/franchise.
- Leads and collaborates with brand, finance, forecasting, sales, C&P, analytics, medical and managed markets for inputs into both commercial planning to support the financial planning cycle, and cross-functional business review meetings.
- Serves as point of contact for all cross functional leads, for performance related activities that need cross functional support. Works with cross-functional team to develop appropriate reporting and KPI needs for brand that feed into the monthly business reviews
- Stays abreast of all activities across the business associated with the brand and ensures there is cross functional alignment and awareness.
- Develops and executes upon a work plan in a manner consistent with good project management practices for handling issues, risks and stakeholder communication
- Identifies appropriate topics to be elevated to executive management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Combined 8-10 years of pharmaceutical or related experience in Marketing, Sales, Finance, New Product Planning, Marketing Analytics and Research, Medical Affairs, Sales, IT.
- Extensive experience in an analytical role.
- Relevant experience in leading cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Prior leadership and managerial roles in pharmaceutical industry.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience in senior marketing, sales or operations positions at a commercial organization.
- Industry knowledge comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry including the planning process/business cycles.
- Demonstrate understanding of various marketing methods and concepts (e.g. marketing research, advertising, public relations and product positioning, strategy development).
- Demonstrated understanding of analytics, business modeling and basic valuation concepts (NPV, ROI, IRR).
- Strategic Planning and Implementation Ability to evaluate an overall marketing strategy and communicate the implementation of the strategy.
- Project Management Ability to set priorities; develop workflow processes, and direct a team of colleagues with no official reporting relationship.
- Communication Ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive and appropriate manner.
- Analytical Ability- The ability to think through the logical consequences of proposed plans and ensure that all alternatives and contingencies have been considered.
- Demonstrate the ability to influence disparate stakeholders toward a common plan or goal. This includes multiple levels (project manager to President) of employees both across companies and across cultures.
- Due to travel, the work environment includes exposure to both inside and outside working conditions. Temperature and length of exposure varies depending upon meeting location and transportation.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings Infrequent overnight travel.
- Requires approximately 15 % travel.