A Sr. Oncology Sales Specialist represents Takeda to formulate and implement the strategies that will result in the achievement of short and long term product and company objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sales Specialist will analyze the market and initiate action to be recognized by customers, peers and managers as having expert knowledge of key accounts/customers and the oncology marketplace, to include promoted products NINLARO and ICLUSIG, as well as VELCADE and competitive products in both multiple myeloma and chronic myelogenous leukemia. The role requires discretion and independent judgment, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Formulate and implement effective marketing strategies to achieve all assigned sales and company goals
- Development and implementation of territory business plans
- Adherence to budgetary and policy requirements within assigned territory
- Development of strategies to make excellent use of marketing materials and supportive resources
- Initiation of activities resulting in expanded business opportunities for assigned brands within the Takeda Oncology Business Unit
- Formulation of knowledgeable/professional presentation to customers, and adherence to Takeda Oncology compliance guidelines relative to promotion
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Proven ability to develop effective oncology sales skills, and effective promotion of assigned brands to customers, and a results oriented approach
- Thorough knowledge of assigned disease states, and an understanding of the respective competitive landscape
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, accompanied by strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Effective use of provided tools to assess and identify business opportunities
- Proven ability to create, innovate, build and expand business within the territory, and work both independently as well as in teams
- Ability to quickly assimilate complex information
- Ability to succeed in a complex environment
- Effective working knowledge of the oncology reimbursement landscape
- Thorough knowledge of account dynamics, and health care professionals across entire territory geography
- Candidates should reside within the Las Vegas area
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions) as determined through an interactive discussion with the employee and in consultation with HR and Legal.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to lift and carry over 15 pounds.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment i.e. computers, phones, etc.
- Able to drive or fly to account sites within territory and spend overnights where/when needed.
- Geography to include Las Vegas Area/ Bakersfield, CA/ Visalia, CA
Las Vegas, NV