Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Executive Administrative Assistant in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Executive Administrative Assistant working on the Global IT team, a typical day will include:
- Manages the executive s email and other correspondence, responding on behalf of the executive where appropriate, forwarding communications to appropriate staff to respond, or bringing the matter to the attention of the executive.
- Understands the structure of the organization and maintains a strong network across departments; draws on network to answer questions, solve problems, and successfully execute responsibilities.
- Prepare and develop a records management, maintains and recommend changes to records system when appropriate. Evaluate policies to ensure they are in compliance with corporate rules and mission
- Interact with the team when appropriate and problem solve. Document complaints and develop an appropriate course of action. Report problems to executives when they cannot be resolved for attention.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information. Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Understands & anticipates the needs, technology savvy, has supported the C-suite in a global capacity. Exercise judgement & decision making to be more effective. High emotional intelligence and maturity to make an impact on the overall team.
- Initiate, develop, lead, and participate in improvement processes; actively participates in team audits and resulting process improvements.
- Schedules staff meetings; arranges meeting space or virtual meeting tools; develops staff meeting agendas and ensures that participants are prepared for the meetings; ensures that any follow-up actions resulting from the meeting are documented and completed.
- Prepares documentation for payment of vendors, consultants, and suppliers; submits documentation and enters request for payments into accounting system; approves transactions; responds to inquiries from accounts payable and payees.
- Understands and anticipates the executive s needs regarding preparation for and scheduling of activities; manages the executive s calendar; schedules meetings, calls, and other interactions based on the priorities of the executive; arranges travel; completes expense reports in a timely manner.
- Understands business etiquette; interacts and works successfully with senior leaders of the organization's customers and suppliers to ensure that customer needs are addressed while balancing an executive s other responsibilities and commitments; researches solutions to questions and responds independently to email and phone inquiries.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High school diploma/GED required. Bachelor s degree
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong PC literacy with advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Change readiness and ability to adapt quickly to priority changes. Proven ability to be proactive, resourceful and problem solver
- Excellent project management and event planning skills
- Ability and willingness to take on additional projects and initiatives as the need arises. Ability to work collaboratively with all the functions and leaders of the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.