Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Procurement Business Partner in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Procurement Business Partner working on the Global Manufacturing & Supply team, you will be empowered to manage end-user service delivery and support operational issues, and a typical day will include:
As Procurement Business Partner (PBP) for Brooklyn Park you are the key contact to translate requirements of GMS business requestor to Procurement activities, providing appropriate challenges to demand or specification where relevant. Supported by Procurement Category Management Teams and the Operational Buying Unit in Regional Procurement, the PBP will ensure the correct balance of resources is utilized to deliver projects, and as such be able to deliver best-in-class procurement support to the organization. You will monitor progress of requests and provide regular scheduled updates to business requestor. You will have direct interaction with the GMS site management team and multiple other functions at the sites, while always representing Takeda ism according to the code of conduct and ethics code.
This position will also manage compliance with procurement responsibilities in line with local business requirements, with a focus on meeting the agreed local business requirements through the successful provision of goods and services from external third parties. This will involve the execution of local spend categories and ad-hoc buying activities, including e-Sourcing and transactional contracting. In addition, they are responsible for converting above country negotiated contracts into local contracts and supporting roll-out of these arrangements within their location. They are required to participate in sufficient relevant training and skills development to ensure continuous improvement.
The PBP will also (support) implement the defined Procurement operating model as well as relevant Procurement processes and systems.
The job function holds a role contributing to the benefit of patients by:
- Act as the face of Procurement and the go to person for the GMS business for any procurement related activities in GMS Brooklyn Park and under the scope of responsibility.
- Being part of and being an active participant in the local GMS site leadership team.
- Gathering requirements for global strategies and plans, and providing support for local implementation of global and regional initiatives as requested.
- Engage with internal customers to understand their business needs and context. Define purchasing needs, challenging internal stakeholders on demand and/or specifications, based on requirements and in collaboration with the Procurement category initiatives.
- Identifying cross-site activities and translate these into potential opportunities through sharing with the relevant category managers.
- Responsible for driving procurement penetration and compliance to Procurement Policy and other Procurement initiatives across GMS US and ensuring that GMS spend is channeled through the appropriate processes. This will include agreeing targets with GMS Procurement, Global Business Partner Lead and performing to those targets.
- Support implementation of new processes and technologies under guidance from Procurement and in alignment with the Global Processes and Operations team.
- Responsible for interfacing spend and/or performance data requests, (e.g. savings, quality data, spend data) to support the creation and monitoring of target and performance tracking as requested by GBPL, GCL or RCM.
- Responsible for performing continuous professional development activities relevant to GMS Brooklyn Park and facilitate Procurement training requirements.
- Act as escalation point for operational issues raised through the contact center or directly by customers/stakeholders.
- Responsible to lead and manage sourcing activities for GMS Brooklyn Park including Engineering, Facilities, and Manufacturing.
- Manage supplier relationship management in respective area of responsibility; analyse risks and set-up risk mitigation plan, set up continuous improvement programs with suppliers where relevant.
- Ensure the acquisition of high quality goods and services at fair market price points by negotiation and managing of contracts including scopes of works for selected suppliers (provided by the business requestor).
- Lead sourcing process in alignment with the US and Global Purchasing guidelines
- Guided by the Procurement Category Leads, develop a procurement strategy by leveraging the supplier markets and delivering added value throughout the organization and deliver by order of priority.
- Prepare purchasing project and define objectives, resources, timelines, specifications, supplier selection criteria in close collaboration with the business.
- Lead RFX processes as well as negotiate commercial terms and conditions for contracts and scope of work by identifying market data and commodity influences for effective negotiations.
- Participate in audits (if needed) and select final suppliers
- Deliver excellence in sourcing activities, including post-contract evaluations, KPI and SLA development and tracking (in collaboration with the business), risk management, and supplier relationship management (SRM). Mitigate risk.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new contracts, policies and processes.
Professional Profile Education and Experience
- Degree level educated with business related degree preferable.
- Business level fluency in primary language in site(s) under their responsibility
- 5+ years of relevant Sourcing & Procurement experience with experience in supporting cost reduction projects, value improvement programs, basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying, preferably in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry required
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated understanding of how to translate business requirements into Procurement operations and specifications with best value and customer service in mind.
- Strong people/stakeholder skills, and have demonstrated capability in upwards management, with the ability to appropriately and respectfully challenge.
- Demonstrated understanding of some or the entire major spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in Category Management principles and frameworks and the development of sourcing strategies
- Proven Financial and Business Acumen (e.g. TCO, TEI, NPV & Cost Modeling)
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with multi-project and multi-product manufacturing industry.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and team building skills.
- Self-starter, team player, effective leader and able to work in cross-cultural environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of some / all of the major Manufacturing and Supply direct spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals
- Experience in providing customer support over multiple countries
- Experience or knowledge of offshore or shared service operating environments
- Expert proficiency in basic MS Office software
- Proficient in Procurement specific systems and processes for the efficient management of sourcing events and contract negotiations (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues
- Post graduate business related qualification
- Demonstrated ability in collating, organizing, analyzing and reporting complex financial data with solid grounding in basic procurement and financial processes and systems.
- Documented international strategic sourcing, category management and / or cost reduction experience
- Pharmaceutical Industry or Management Consulting experience
- Experience with enterprise systems (SAP, Oracle) and Procurement / procure-to-pay tools such as (e.g. Ariba, Emptoris, SAP, SMR) is preferred
- Any Professional Purchasing (e.g. CIPS) or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
- Ability to travel (air and ground) for trainings and meetings at Takeda offices in the US as well as visits to suppliers when required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please