Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager, Medical Information & Review in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Manager working on the Medical Affairs team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The purpose of this position is to: 1) deliver high-quality, balanced and timely medical and scientific information regarding specific products and serve as a technical and/or operational resource, upon the request of internal and external business partners, health care professionals (HCPs) and consumers; 2) proactively manage Medical Information activities for specific products to include development of standard written and verbal responses with minimal supervision, including Clinical Dossiers, Letters and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and periodic review of inquiries and responses; 3) provide advanced medical information / clinical expertise for assigned products to internal (Medical Affairs strategy teams, Therapeutic Area Units within R&D, commercial Brand teams) and external stakeholders such as healthcare professionals, patients and advocacy groups; 4) provide advanced medical and scientific review of: 1) promotional materials, press releases, and sales training communications to support the promotional review process, 2) medical and scientific slides housed in the Medical Affairs slide repository, and 3) other pertinent publications in the therapeutic areas and serve as a resource to other colleagues as needed.
- Utilizing advanced medical information /clinical expertise develops, maintains and provides high quality medical and scientific information autonomously, including Standard and Custom Response Letters, Clinical Dossiers, and FAQs,to both internal and external customers. Coordinates efforts around Compendia submissions and product hot topics (ie saline shortage for Entyvio, product name changes etc). Craft s medical responses and recommendations (including errata) as requested by scientific journals and organizations. Responsible for vendor and partnership (if applicable) management during dossier updates.
- Grant formal approval via signature authority for the cross-functional promotional review activities including: 1) providing strategic scientific consults on brand messages, 2) reviewing promotional materials for content and accuracy, 3) coordinate the development and review and approval of clinical data on file to support promotional claims
- Applies clinical expertise and knowledge to craft medical responses and recommendations (including errata) as requested by scientific journals and organizations.
- Direct and coach the Medical Information Contact Center staff on handling of routine cases; monitor and manage complex escalated cases from the Medical Information Contact Center.
- Represent US Medical Affairs at Global Core Response Document meetings with authority to approve Core Responses.
- Coach and mentor interns, students and Medical Information & Review Managers.
- Provide advanced support to product booths at professional scientific meetings and train commercial colleagues on possible responses to complex, unique information requests procedures and issues at sales meetings to assure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Conducts strategic assessment (gap analysis) of medical information needs within the therapeutic area and develops fulfillment strategies.
- Enhance medical and product knowledge within the broader organization by disseminating actionable medical insights on a consistent basis.
- Develop and deliver programs for ongoing training of departmental colleagues, Contact Center personnel, sales groups and support of Scientific Associate Directors.
- Serve as Medical Information subject matter expert representative at Regional Medical Strategy Team meetings.
- Medical review of other materials pertinent to Takeda business as required, including Medical Education materials and internal medical and scientific slides/papers/manuscripts.
- Proactively identify and develop strategies and initiatives that improve and streamline current processes with US Medical Affairs to improve medical information services to internal and external customers.
- Coordinate with Medical Affairs colleagues, vendor and outsource provider to develop content to be disseminated via multiple communication channels (internal, MICC, MedConnect).
- Create, maintain and communicate metrics and key performance indicators to Senior Leadership
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- The qualified candidate will have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or Ph.D., with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- 2-3 years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of doctoral degree including a minimum of 2 years of medical communications experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Possesses advanced communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages in order to communicate with key Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the drug development process including key phases, processes, and techniques utilized for both pre- and post-marketing research studies.
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Therapeutic area experience.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- Board Certification in therapeutic area of interest.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (10-20%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on therapeutic responsibilities.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.