Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Scientist in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Scientistworking on the DMPK team, you will be empowered to sit on multifunctional project teams to provide DMPK support and design DMPK studies, and a typical day will include:
We are seeking a highly motivated and well accomplished scientist in pharmacokinetics to join the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) Department of Takeda Pharmaceuticals in Cambridge, MA. This scientist will sit on multi-functional project teams to provide DMPK support to the discovery and development of biologics programs with focuses on immune-oncology therapeutics and target-delivery platforms. The support includes engaging with colleagues across Immunology/Oncology R&D to ensure rapid and thorough translation from pre-clinical studies to clinical studies, and supplying dose predictions of efficacy and safety in patients. Experience in immuno-oncology and biotherapeutics is desirable. Some experience and expertise in modeling such as PK/PD and PBPK is desirable plus.
- Represent DMPK in discovery and development biologics project teams. Initiate and engage in multifunctional collaborations to facilitate the advancement of drug candidates and build thorough knowledge of biologics properties
- Be responsible for the design and interpretation of DMPK studies necessary for the selection of clinical candidates
- Play a visible role in global DMPK to share learning and enhance consistency in best practices across sites and disease areas about targeted therapeutics/biologics discovery and development
- Keep up to date with emerging literature and science in the biologics development in oncology
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. degree in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Immunology, Pharmacology, or related discipline;
- 5+ year industrial experience with demonstrated impact on biologics and/or ADC drug discovery and/or development.
- Thorough understanding of the basic principles of pharmacokinetics of biologics and/or ADC Prior project leadership experience in antibody drug development preferred
- Track record of scientific accomplishment as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications and/or inventions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate complex research findings and recommendations, and seek to excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability for critical thinking and strong analytical skills to evaluate complex information for the identification of key scientific findings related to projects.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities while meeting tight deadlines
- Maintains excellent working relationships with colleagues and collaborators
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.