Are you looking for a patient-focused company
that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered
to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of
Relationship Management Center of Excellence, R&D Partnership
Office in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital
contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. With 50% of the R&D
pipeline partnered and over 180 active collaborations across R&D, the Head
of Relationship Management Center of Excellence, will drive, establish, and
shape how the relationships are managed for all of our strategic partnerships
globally in Takeda and a typical day will include:
- Play a leadership role in driving, establishing, and implementing R&D relationship management center of excellence for the over 180 active R&D partnerships globally in Takeda
- Lead the maximization of value for Takeda in collaborations across Integrated Drug Discovery Unit, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Research and Development functions to advance the pipeline which is ~50% partnered
- Coach and mentor R&D executives and business partners involved in partnerships to help embed partnering best practices across the company.
- Identify, assess and implement opportunities to continuously improve Takeda s ability to effectively work externally and be a partner of Choice
- In collaboration with Global Program Leads, Research Leads, and Alliance Managers, facilitate escalated issues to timely and effective resolution
- Establish and lead the strategy development and implementation of R&D global relationship management center of excellence for R&D partnerships; develop the playbook for partnership management for all the partnership types which include assets, research, strategic academic alliances, and technology.
- Play a leadership role in the maximization of value for Takeda and their partner in collaborations across Integrated Drug Discovery Unit, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Research and Development functions.
- Design and chair the community of partnership forum with global alliance managers as active participants. Lead the review of case studies and lessons learnt and share of best practices.
- Develop tools and processes for partnership management that encompasses all phases: negotiation, launch, maintenance, and close of partnerships. This includes managing the strategic intent of partnerships, common understanding of deliverables, go/no go criteria, fit for purpose governance, performance metrics, risk/mitigation plans, and communication strategy.
- Responsible for administering partnership Health diagnostics. Identify, assess, and implement opportunities to continuously improve Takeda s ability to effectively work externally and be a Partner of Choice . Define and build metrics to assess this.
- Liaise with Legal, Finance, Procurement, Communication to ensure partnering processes are aligned with Takeda s R&D objectives.
- Drive change management processes within Takeda related to strategic partnership management.
- Coach and mentor R&D executives and business partners involved in partnerships to help imbed partnering best practices across the company.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
BS/BA required; advanced degree (MBA, PharmD, PhD) preferred
Minimum 12 years of applicable drug development experience, global experience preferred
Minimum 8 years of line management or cross-functional leadership experience
Direct alliance management experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
Strong knowledge of drug development process
Relevant knowledge and experience in R&D to enable meaningful dialogue within Takeda and with partners
Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple high priority projects with good attention to detail
Proven experience in Alliance/Partnership excellence: experience of building, maintaining, and closing partnerships including tools/methods preferred
Leadership: Experience in leading matrix organizations with solid successful experience in influencing across organizations including change management experience
Critical strategic thinker and highly analytical
Ability to initiate, develop, and implement new strategies and processes
Ability to assess issues/risks and effectively implement remediation measures
Experience working in a complex organization and demonstrated ability to influence, and work across functions and regions, at all levels without direct authority
Excellent collaboration skills
Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal presentations skills
Routine demands of an office based environment.
Some travel to global Takeda sites may be required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.