Assistant Senior Counsel/Senior Counsel
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Assistant Senior Counsel in our Deerfield office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Assistant Senior Counsel working on the Commercial Law team, you will be empowered to assist senior attorneys in advising on legal rights and obligations of the company and provide legal services and advice to clients under supervision of senior attorneys, and a typical day will include:
Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, reviewing and advising on risks as required by the business.
Revising contracts, and contract negotiation.
Assist senior attorneys in providing legal service to clients on a broad array of complex issues relating to the company s business with minimal direction
Proactively review, analyze, and remain current on a broad range of federal and state legal matters and disseminate information appropriately
May have responsibility for coaching or supervising more junior attorneys, paralegals and support staff on individual projects
Develop a thorough understanding of and familiarity with the company s business, its people, products, markets, facilities, customers and competitors and utilizes that knowledge in providing guidance and counsel to internal clients
Establish rapport and a working relationship with business unit management and personnel at all levels to encourage and continue the proactive use of in-house legal counsel
Collaborate with colleagues throughout Global Legal, including serving on Virtual Practice Groups
Identify training needs within the organization and assist in the development and presentation of training materials on relevant laws and legal/business issues
- Juris Doctor JD from an accredited university.
- A minimum 4 year of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating software licensing and data hosting agreements preferred.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Licensed to practice law Illinois license preferable (other states considered). Must receive Limited Admission as House Counsel in Illinois within one year of hire, if not already admitted to practice in Illinois.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.