Researched and relatable, science-driven and social, you re an extroverted expert.
If there s one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it s how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You ve got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. Our accomplished team consists of 291 MDs, 486 PhDs, Pharma Voice 100 Recipients, HBA Rising Stars and Luminaries, and PM 360 Elite Award Winners. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
You will confer with internal stakeholders and build new collaborative relationships with medical and scientific leaders, policy-makers and advocates. You ll contribute cutting-edge clinical and scientific data to help move healthcare forward and positively impact patients. You will represent a specialty pharmaceutical company addressing unmet medical needs in metabolic disorders to promote healthy ageing and improved quality of life. More specifically:
- Identify, develop, and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with specified Key Opinion Leaders and assigned institutions to provide scientific support for existing products and pipeline agents upon request or in fulfillment of an approved Medical Affairs initiative.
- Serve as a primary liaison for clinical and scientific information exchange with KOLs and health care providers in assigned HIV/AIDS patient care institutions/facilities. Serve as a primary liaison for connecting KOLs and their affiliate institutions with appropriate Medical Affairs initiatives that forward the scientific progress of our brands.
- Provide scientific and liaison support for the involvement of KOLs in advisory, educational, and research partnership opportunities with the client. Support KOL involvement in research activities including Company-Sponsored Trials and responses to unsolicited requests for interactions related to Investigator Sponsored Trials (ISTs). Assume a primary role for the facilitation of IST projects.
- Develop and execute Field Medical Affairs plans at the assigned territory level in full alignment with Medical Affairs strategies and tactics. Respond to documented unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information on company products and pipeline products including unsolicited requests for off-label medical information as per Theratechnologies policies and procedures.
- Serve as a disease state resource to KOLs, academic institutions and community HIV/AIDS practices, advocacy groups, and others as needed.
Along with demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- 3-5 years of MSL experience in HIV/AIDS and/or infectious disease with demonstrated knowledge of the HIV/AIDS clinical environment.
- Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) in a related discipline strongly preferred. In lieu of a terminal degree, an RPh, Masters or nursing trained applicant with 8+ years of experience will be considered.
- Strong knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry.
- Clear understanding of MSL roles and responsibilities, and MA activities including publication planning, medical information, and advisory boards.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of clinical research trial design in HIV/AIDS.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to travel 60% - 75% and a valid driver s license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified.
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- It is the company's policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work that can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays and personal time
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical - Cigna; Dental - Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Car Allowance
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)