"Do you speak people?"
It's a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all - the human level.
Speaking people isn't easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
The Senior Account Executive contributes to the development of brand strategy and account management. Independently manages direct reports and agency team throughout project development and implementation.
Description of Duties
- Client relationships (marketing/product managers, MLR coordinator, marketing operations, MCE)
- Collaboration with internal team across departments
- Supporting strategic and tactical planning, scope execution
- Agency personnel management and development of junior account team members
- Financial monitoring and management of client budgets (timely estimate submissions and compliance; prompt revision if required); manages client demands vs. agreed budget
- Partners with account biller to facilitate accurate monthly invoicing, follows up on accounts receivables; helps prepare regular reporting/reconciliations
- Partners with the team in all aspects of project development; ensures delivery of breakthrough ideas/work consistent with brand positioning and GSW standards (i.e., excellent creative, on target strategically, on time, and on budget)
- Helps facilitate a strong, cohesive team that is focused on priorities, knowledgeable about client(s)' products and services; identifies and assists in resolving conflict; celebrates brand/team success
- Daily client contact and follow-up; identifies and understands client's challenges as well as tactical needs; properly interprets client feedback; keeps management apprised of critical client concerns and opportunities
- Represents and defends the agency's point of view; handles objections/appropriately pushes back
- Understands agency strategic tools; participates in internal brand strategy discussions
- Provides daily management direction to direct reports (executives and coordinators), including performance reviews, development plans, and MBO plans; distributes the workload thoughtfully; allows people to take ownership for their work
- Attends all appropriate client meetings, market research, conventions, and provides follow-up documentation of key learning
- Assists in analyzing and summarizing product/market performance, market research data, literature, and competitive promotion for the client and agency team
- Stays current with industry news and competitive environment to continually expand knowledge
- Minimum 3 years of relevant client experience in marketing or other related disciplines; or
- Minimum 3 years of relevant agency experience
- Strong knowledge of general pharmaceutical marketing and sales, as well as disease state and product science, therapeutic market, and competition
- Demonstrates a clear aptitude for collaborating and leading people, teams, or projects. Helps create strong morale; fosters open dialog and addresses team issues; defines success in terms of the whole team; spends time and the time of others on what is important; works in a well-organized manner; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks
- Client management: Understands how to set client expectations, communicate the agency's position, and appropriately push back on certain client requests; knows the right questions to ask and information required to understand client's challenges; implements new initiatives
- Financial Management: Tracks and manages the budget
Syneos Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected status. If you require accommodation due to a disability in order to complete the application process, please contact our EEO Administrator at 781-425-4600 or by email at [click here]
New York [NY]