Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company with state of the art research capabilities that has provided innovative medicines essential to people's health for over 135 years.
In the US, Shionogi Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the areas such as pain and anti-infectives.
This Associate Director Market Research provides analytical expertise and support to identify market insights that effectively drive strategic decision-making, maximize the commercial potential of Shionogi portfolio, optimize resources and
deliver value to our customers. The incumbent is responsible for the design and execution of
primary market research studies that assess market landscape, product performance and marketing and sales initiatives for both in-line and new products within covered therapeutic area.
Current focus is Hospital-based Therapies.
- Drive business decisions and initiatives (at the company and brand level) resulting from recommendations from market research for all markets that we currently compete in as well as markets identified through our research pipeline and Business Development
- Direct and manage all primary marketing research initiatives for key products that receive promotion as well as products under development.
- Maximize the market research budget to provide valuable insights that are aligned with the business objectives of the Brand teams.
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders (Marketing, Sales Leadership, Sales Training, BD, Executive Leadership) to achieve departmental and company objectives.
- Ensure quality, integrity and value of market research studies, results, and reports and provide actionable insights.
- Direct primary market research to evaluate new business development opportunities and provide insights for go/no go decisions.
- Assist the product managers with the forecasting process for in-line brands.
- Integrate secondary data analyses utilizing various national audits, syndicated studies, the Internet, and other sources such as epidemiology/ patient data.
- Create ad hoc reports for product management and other Shionogi management to meet business objectives.
- Manage special projects as deemed necessary by management.
- Bachelor s Degree in quantitative field such as marketing, market research, statistics, mathematics, economics or operations research; MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years healthcare market research experience; including
pharma industry background and agency experience.
- Demonstrated in-depth strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate primary & secondary research into strategic insights with an understanding of their independencies.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong technical knowledge of advanced market research techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of sources of secondary information and syndicated research for the pharmaceutical and health care industries to including sales and prescription audits, promotional audits, physician-level data, patient-level claims data, pricing audits, medical
practice audits, and other sources.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels and external contacts.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks to achieve established deadlines.
- Therapeutic area experience, especially hospital-based therapies and /or anti-infectives is highly preferred.
- Must live a commutable distance to our US Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://www.shionogi.com/careers/careers.html
-- and meet the requirements of this opportunity.
We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.