ProClinical is seeking an Oncology Medical Science Liaison for a Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology to be based in Spain on a permanent basis.The Oncology Medical Science Liaison with therapeutic area Oncology is a scientific expert, responsible for discussing our products, patients' treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are.involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of Leading Specialists. He/she will maximize company product value through high scientific quality communication with Leading Specialists on a peer-to-peer basis. Furthermore, the incumbent is jointly responsible for the realization of shortterm and long-term company goals through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan.
- Develop and execute an external stakeholder management plan in close collaboration and coordination with Regional Business Director structures
- Communicate the value of company products, contribute to e.g. market access activities and formulary discussions
- Through scientific interactions, champion the medical value of our products fairly based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to the fostering of innovative approaches
- Represent the company to other therapeutic area stakeholders including professional associations and patient organisations in cooperation with other Medical functions
- Proactive and reactive communication of medical scientific data to Leading Specialists and broader external health-care related audiences
- Communicate non-promotional general information about our company, including pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information
- Respond to unsolicited scientific queries from customers for approved products and products/indications in development, based on Medical Affairs and Medical Information documents
- Use digital technologies and new media to support proactive and reactive communication
- Organization and participation in Medical Education activities
- Act as a reference point for Key Account Managers for any scientific query, in collaboration with Medical Information as appropriate
- Support and manage Medical Affairs clinical activities strategy, planning, design and execution (in close co-operation with Headquarters and CROs)
- Support the set up and follow up of registries and other noninterventional Medical Affairs studies
- Propose investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional
- Manage field based medical projects
- Ensure a link between Headquarters, local Medical Department and Key Opinion Leaders - Contribute the pre-launch and launch steps of new products providing scientific support
Skills and Requirements:
- Medical Doctorate (M.D.) degree or PhD in Medical/Biological
- Sciences in an academic or hospital environment in oncology.
- Completion of residency and/or fellowship in oncology area is "highly" preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of MSL and or Medical Affairs and/or research and development experience in the biotech / pharmaceutical industry
- Must have of an in-depth understanding of MSL's role and process
- Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support the business strategy
- Good knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in development strategy and the design of protocols
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical business
- Excellent oral and written Spanish/Portuguese
- Ability to work independently
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Maria Salvador on +34 911 232 071 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.