Ophthalmology- Sales Training Manager
The Sales Training Manager
is responsible for creating and executing the training strategies and tactics,
in addition to leading the development of product training modules, sales
effectiveness, market knowledge/market access, and operations training intended
for the Sales Management Team, Key Account Managers and Specialty Sales
Representatives. The Sales Training Manager will facilitate classroom and field
based training. This includes on-boarding, product training, certification, and
ongoing training. The Training Manager will work closely and collaboratively
with the internal PDI Training & Development team, as well as members of Client
Leadership. The Training Manager will work with the client leadership and brand
teams to understand specific training needs in order to develop and implement
approved training solutions. The Sales
Training Manager will be located at the Client office.
the most effective approaches to meet the product learning needs of the
business, including product launch preparation and on-going business needs
- Translate training requirements, based on the executed Statement
of Work, into strategic initiatives for successful execution of contractual
collaboration and coordination with Sales Leadership, Marketing, Market Access,
Clinical, Legal, Compliance, Medical and Regulatory to ensure accuracy of
medical content and compliance with promotional policies for training materials
multiple ongoing projects and demonstrates excellent organization skills
utilizing project management skills, including project milestones, scope,
goals, deliverables, resources, timing, etc.
of innovation through creative Adult Learning techniques in both development
and delivery of content
a blended learning approach, educate the company on Ophthalmology environment.
assess training needs and leverage insights to inform and transform the
training strategies and curricula as needed.
a budget designated for training and continuously assess ROI.
all curricula are properly maintained and approved per client policies and
and manage training vendors for design, development and deployment of training
- Support Training Logistics at Face-to-Face Training.
- Handle day to day operations of new hire training; inclusive of
- Coordinate Training Resources for all Training initiatives
- Comply with all client and Publicis Health policies, including
training, compliance, and ethics requirements, and uphold client s reputation
as a global industry leader in improving human health.
- Must be able to drive in order to complete field rides with
representatives within the assigned geographic area, and hold a valid driver s
- Must be able to travel for work-related meetings and functions
(including overnight and/or weekend).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree.
- 2+ years of sales training experience at a Headquarters level
designing and developing content required
- 3+ years of successful management experience in the
pharmaceutical or medical device field (hiring and performance management
- Project Management experience.
- Ability to develop and pull through training content in creative
and interactive ways to enhance and engage field teams
- Master s in Instructional Design or related discipline preferred
- Knowledge of eLearning design and distance learning, including
delivery leveraging tools such as Learning Management Systems, eLearning
authoring tools i.e. Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate and various
- Experience with Ophthalmologist, Ophthalmic surgeons, and
ambulatory surgery center (ASC) accounts, regional and local hospital systems
including select Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Accountable Care
Organizations (ACOs) and Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs.) Reimbursement
- Medical Device Sales
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Account management experience
- An ability to effectively collaborate with and align key
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Analytical skills
- Effectively managing the legal and compliance elements associated
with the production of training materials
Knowledge, Skills and
knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong process facilitation, problem solving and analytical
thinking abilities to make sound business decisions on a day to day basis.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical/medical
terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including
competitive product knowledge.
- Excellent persuasion/presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to display high-levels of initiative, effort and
commitment successfully complete projects and assignments.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and strong attention to
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast paced
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to develop high performing sales talent.
- Must be able to deal with people at all levels inside and outside
of the company
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, working proficiency in Microsoft
Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to successfully complete client training and meet
training expectations in order to proceed to leading the team within the
parameters of the program.
- Ability to perform work-related travel (including overnight and/or
weekend as required).
valid driver's license.
PDI, Inc, a Publicis Health Company, our vision is to continuously aspire
to design, develop, and deliver industry leading healthcare solutions that
accelerate patient access to enable the best possible outcomes. Publicis Health and its business units
specialize in the sales and promotion of pharmaceutical brands, services, and
products through field and inside sales.
you join PDI, Inc., you have the opportunity to work with and learn from
leaders in the health care industry. Our commitment to a team-oriented
culture and value-based leadership model provides an environment where our
employees can work to their full potential. All opportunities with Publicis Health business
units offer competitive compensation including
a comprehensive medical benefits package, 401-k benefits, and the
opportunity to grow with the nation's leader in healthcare sales.
of our goals is to continuously drive innovation through our people by creating
an open, respectful, inclusive and trustworthy work environment. We
encourage and support equal employment opportunities for all associates and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as
defined by applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military
service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state,
or local laws and ordinances. Employment decisions are evaluated on the
basis of an individual's skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance and
other qualifications. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of
intimidation or harassment.
us on social Media!