|About the department|
Novo Nordisk’s Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare provider, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes.
Formulates, leads and aligns Novo Nordisk managed markets strategy, pricing and contracting strategy, value communication, payer marketing, policies and initiatives to maximize profitability goals and increase market share in diabetes, obesity and biopharmaceuticals.
Reports to Corporate Vice President (CVP), Market Access. Interacts frequently in collaboration with internal and external management and senior level managed markets customer representatives. Internal interactions are with VP of Patient Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR), VPs of Brands, VP of Health Economics, Senior Vice President (SVP) of Sales, Sr. Director of Government Pricing, U.S. and Global Marketing Management, Account Executives, Medical Affairs, Investor Relations, Global Strategic Pricing and Market Access and others on a routine basis. Ensures strong collaboration across functions for maximizing profitability and revenue, ensuring optimal profitable market access, and setting effective long-run managed markets strategies. External relationships include interactions with key managed markets payers, associations, key opinion leaders (KOLs), various vendors and consultants. Manages 4-8 direct reports.
- Leads the development of the vision, strategy, and business plans related to managed markets to ensure that Novo Nordisk becomes the US leader in diabetes care and BioPharmaceuticals
- Oversees and leads all pricing and payer marketing strategies, tactics, and initiatives to communicate value to customers, maximize profitability, and improve market access and measurable impact and value to the organization
- Oversees and leads pricing and contracting strategy for all new product launches, with direct implications for commercialization initiatives
- Leads the development of the payer value story, supported by credible clinical, health economics and quality of life messages in order to justify brand value
- Interfaces with Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) team to guide evidence-generation efforts that support payer value story development
- Identifies trends and channel dynamics, and recommends future direction/strategy
- Participates as an active member of the Diabetes Operations Team and BioPharmaceuticals Leadership Commercial Leadership Team in setting and achieving strategic marketing goals
- Collaborates with sales and marketing to ensure that channel strategies are aligned with portfolio/brand segment positioning and messaging, and with Novo Nordisk’s long-term goals
- Participates directly in key customer meetings, as appropriate
- Works collaboratively with Account Management, Sales Training, Field Sales, Medical Affairs, Legal, Operations, Analytics and Brand Teams to develop and implement a strategic and tactical approach for payer marketing
- Inspires and increases motivation and productivity in implementing policies and management practices that attract and retain the best people
- Develops and monitors performance against budgets
- Establishes, oversees implementation, and monitors adherence to administrative policies and procedures
30-40% overnight travel required.
Development of People
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent experience. MBA or another advanced degree required. Relevant experience may be substituted for degree, when appropriate
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of business experience in areas such as finance, account management, or marketing
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including any of the following areas: pricing, contracting, managed markets within payer marketing, national account management, patient reimbursement services, market access consulting, payer marketing and/or market access strategy
- A minimum of three (3) years in leadership roles involving managed markets analytics, financial modeling of pricing and contracting scenarios and strategies for inline and pipeline therapies, or FP&A related to pricing and managed markets
- A minimum of three (3) years in managed markets customer-facing role
- Strong understanding of the US payer environment, payer market dynamics, payer marketing principles and how managed care organizations make decisions across private & public channels
- Have strong interpersonal; communication; analytical and project management skills
- Ability to translate strategies into measurable tactical programs that have high Return On Investment (ROI)
- Requires leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate a vision and engage people in that vision
- Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to action without direct line management responsibility
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59488BR
Job Category: Market Access