US-NC, Material Handler Support I Job 451766700A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 53349BR|
Title Material Handler Support I
Job Category Supply Chain and Logistics
Job Description Position Purpose:
Perform cold storage & general warehousing activities for Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries Incorporated with an emphasis on material handling for the core production areas. Ensure quality of product through quantity verification & temperature monitoring.
* Timely & accurate issuance, return & transfer of semi-finished & finished product, components, & label control material & production-related materials
* Material requisitions & staging area replenishment
* Wrapping of palletized product in preparation for shipment
* Inventory control of newly received components/materials to include placing in locations
* Physical inventory to include cycle counts
* Look-up & reorder of inventory & plant supplies
* Daily inspections of the forklifts, warehouse, cold rooms, & freezer
* Maintain up-to- date training status
* Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties
* Utilization of direct issue, Good Receipt, inventory adjustment & transfer receipts
* Utilization of SAP & PAS-X for material flow to production
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum 1 yr. related experience, preferably in a GMP warehouse or pharmaceutical industry
* Basic math skills including knowledge of metric system.
* Computer competencies required basic Microsoft knowledge: Outlook, Power point & Word
* Experience with a computerized inventory system such as SAP a plus.
* Good written & verbal communication skills.
* Training or experience to demonstrate an understanding of the risks inherent to the processing, handling & storage of hazardous materials.
* Ability to operate stand-up & sit-down forklifts.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Ability to lift up to 60 lbs with assistance
* Ability to work in cold temperatures
* Corrected vision to 20/30
* Ability to work in high places
* Ability to work rotating 24 hour on-call week-end shifts as needed
* Ability to work overtime as needed
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Department Material Handling
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com