US-NJ, Senior Brand Attorney Job 447103300A1-MZ
|Requisition ID 52641BR|
Title Senior Brand Attorney
Job Category Legal & Compliance
Job Description Purpose
Provide legal counsel to global healthcare company on relevant issues involving application of U.S. law, regulations, and industry standards.
Acts as counsel for a particular customer group(s) and interacts with key US and global stakeholders, as well as other affiliates as required. May interact with government agencies, law firms, trade organizations and other external agencies. Reports to the Vice President, Associate General Counsel or a Senior Corporate Counsel.
Keeps informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the company, and assists with development of policies and training as needed. May draft, review and negotiate contracts, particularly service agreements, consulting agreements and clinical trial agreements. Retains, manages and assists outside counsel for litigation or regulatory matters as needed. Performs other duties as assigned by senior management.
Proactively identifies risks, opportunities and mitigating actions, and collaborates across legal and business functions to implement same. Provides legal support to customer group(s), with minimal oversight and guidance from managing attorney.
0-10% overnight travel required.
* A J.D. with 6+ years relevant legal experience preferred. Some in-house experience preferred, but not required
* A State Bar admission required
* Admission to New Jersey Bar (either plenary or under limited license to practice as in-house counsel) is required
* Experience within the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry is preferred, but not required
* Strong background managing complex litigation matters (including patent litigation), either as in-house or external counsel is required
* Experience managing government investigations, either as in-house counsel or external counsel, is preferred but not required
* Strong problem-solving skills demonstrates and exercises creativity and initiative.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills able to effectively collaborate and communicate with client groups, senior management and executives within the company
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Department LCA - LEGAL AFFAIRS (1)
Position Location US - Plainsboro, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com