US-NJ, Principal Statistical Consultant 233620BR-MZ
Principal Statistical Consultant
Global Drug Development
East Hanover, NJ
Research & Development
The Principal Statistical Consultant works in collaboration with Biostatisticians, Pharmacometricians, Global Project Teams and senior SMC colleagues to ensure the use of state-of-the-art statistical methods, models and machine learning are used at the trial and project level. S/he will contribute towards the professional development of Biostatistics and Pharmacometrics group members.
1. Provides trial and sometimes project support requiring hands-on expertise in novel quantitative approaches. This could include: innovative clinical trial design, quantita-tive decision making, incorporating evidence from sources of big data (e.g. bi-omarkers, digital technology and real world evidence)
2. Plays a role in a collaborative working relationships and effective communication with Biostatistics & Pharmacometrics partners along with clinical team to promote and im-plement innovation at project level
3. Contributes towards agile consulting, guidance and non-standard exploratory analysis for unplanned problems.
4. Supports the implementation and communication of innovative quantitative methods to support regulatory submissions and health authority meetings Franchise / Enterprise level: Not applicable
Scientific Innovation and Training:
1. Helps developing new quantitative methods with the aim of improving drug develop-ment at Novartis in multiple projects. The focus includes clinical trial design, model-ing, visualization and machine learning
2. Supports evaluating the need of technology and novel scientific software, visualiza-tion tools and new approaches to computation to increase efficiency and quality of Novartis drug development practices
3. Supports global clinical innovation projects with emphasis on moving innovative quantitative approaches into practice
4. Supports training on quantitative methods to colleagues within Biostatistics, Pharma-cometrics and other functions in clinical development.
1. Publishes in peer reviewed journals, participates in professional conferences and contribute towards cross-industry work streams in external scientific working groups
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, data science, computational biology or another related field Fluent English oral and written
1. At least 1 year of experience with application of innovative quantitative methods in drug development setting
2. Knowledge in relevant quantitative approaches
3. Ideally some experience in facilitating and optimizing the (early/full) clinical development strategy by using expertise in design, modeling or analytics
4. Solid interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) bridging scientific and business needs.
5. Scientific publications and training courses given in the area of quantitative science
6. Good business ethics
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.